The YAI Network offers a free Family Support Series* for caregivers of people with autism spectrum disorders (ASDs). Read below for the Spring Schedule or download from their site.
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 27TH 10:00AM – 12:30 PM
Advances in the Genetics of Autism: Implications for Treatment
- Alex Kolevzon, MD, Clinical Director, Seaver Autism Center for Research and Treatment at Mount Sinai
WEDNESDAY MAY 4TH 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM
An Autism Friendly Home Environment
- Seema Moondra, MA, Senior Facility Design Coordinator, YAI Network
MONDAY, MAY 9TH 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Is There a Relationship Between Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and Autism?
- Charles Cartwright, MD, Director, YAI Autism Center
TUESDAY, MAY 24TH 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Transition to Adulthood – It’s Not Just About a Day Program
- Jennifer Shaoul, MPA, Senior Coordinator, YAI LINK
TUESDAY, JUNE 7TH 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Evidence Based Treatments in Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Jill Krata, PhD, Manager of Clinical Services, YAI Autism Center, Associate Chief of the PHC Autism Research and Training Institute
THURSDAY, JUNE 16TH 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Hands On Sensory Tools and Techniques for Everyday
- Jennifer Chang, MS, OTR/L, C/NDT, Occupational Therapy Supervisor, YAI Center for Specialty Therapy
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 22ND 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Sleep Matters! The Importance of Sleep for Children on the Spectrum and their Families
- Diane Liu, MD, Pediatrician, Premier HealthCare
Pre-registration is required by calling YAI LINK
at 212-273-6182. Workshops are located at 460 West 34th Street, 11th floor, New York, NY 10001.
* The Family Support Series is supported in part by grants from New York State OPWDD
and The New York City Council’s “1 in 150” Autism Awareness Initiative.